Are you looking for a running program for beginners?
Do you want to start exercising but you’re unsure of how to start? I’ve noticed an increase in the number of runners since we’ve been quarantined. It makes me happy to see more people exercising and I’m hoping they stick with it. Having a plan to follow can help ensure success!
- This program prescribes four runs per week. Avoid taking off 2 days in a row.
- There are 3 easy workouts which take about 30 minutes each, and 1 longer run designed to help you build endurance.
- Each workout begins with a 5 minute walk – this is your warmup. Do NOT stretch cold muscles. If you feel like you need to stretch, it is better to do it after your run.
- Each workout ends with a 5 minute walk – this is your cooldown. The warmup and cooldown are just as important as the run.
- Please join the RUN717 Facebook page. If you have questions, ask here!
- Be sure you have proper running shoes. If you don’t have them, I encourage you to contact your local running store. Proper shoes help prevent injuries! (*** NOTE – Practice social distancing!)
- This is a run-walk program designed for NEW runners. By the end of the program, you should be able to run a 5k.
- If you have done a 5k before, you can adjust this program! Aim to run longer once a week, and shorter 3 times per week.
- This program does not include speedwork – if you are new to running you should build your base before adding in speed.
Want an individualized training program? Check out my Coaching Services page for information on getting a customized training plan.